EZ-TOUCH SOFTWARE Updates
Most Samuel Jackson products manufactured between 2000 and 2005 use Automation Direct EZ-Touch screens as the primary user interface. If your touch screen has a USB port then you have a C-More touch screen and should follow the C-More update instructions.
You will need a special cable and a Windows computer with an RS-232 serial port in order to use this software. No special skills are necessary and you will be up and running in just a few minutes. If you don't have a serial port available on your computer a USB to serial port adapter can be used.
A touch screen programming cable was included with most shipments of new Sam Jackson products between 2000 and 2005. If you are in need of a programming cable you can purchase one from Samuel Jackson or make your own by following this guide.
Step by step instructions can be found at the bottom of this page.
Step by step instructions
- Download the appropriate updater from the list above.
- Connect the smaller end of the cable your computer and the larger end to the matching port on the back of the touch screen. You may need to disconnect a device already plugged into the touch screen in order to connect the cable to the screen.
- Run the updater you downloaded in step 1 and follow the directions. If you are prompted to update the EZ-Touch firmware cancel the firmware update.
- Follow the prompts through the EZ-Touch Updater. Normally you will want to select the latest version available.
- Disconnect the programming cable from the EZ-Touch, and reconnect any cables that were disconnected.